Dear Friends and Family,
I am so excited to share with you this next missions trip! I am planning on returning to Jinja, Uganda for Christmas 2011. Happy birthday to Jesus with 51 of His children at Our Own Home! So much has happened since my last visit. Joshua, a 2yr old with TB, was unable to walk due to his diagnosis. He was walking only by holding someone’s hand, but could not walk alone. I’ve received word that he is now walking, running and talking up a storm! Praise God for answered prayers.
Lydia is another one who was dealing with many complications due to her HIV. Her medications were not working and we thought that we might lose her. But now her health has changed for the better and she is in school again. Lydia is sewing little purses as well as paintings to help her earn money for her future. Again, I praise God for answered prayers.
In sharing these two of many answered prayers, I would like to ask you to be a part of my next visit to Jinja. I can only tell you the peace I have in my heart knowing that there are friends and family on the other side of the world praying for me. God uses your prayers so mightily for His strength and peace at just the right moment.
Another area of support I need is through finances. I have been given a budget of $3500 for this trip. This is for flights, insurance, 4 weeks of room and board, along with other necessary expenses.
I ask you to pray about this for God’s direction in giving. If you can help in addition to prayer support with a one-time, monthly, or yearly commitment, you can be confident in knowing that God is using all your assistance for His glory.
All donations are tax deductible. Checks are to be made out to Horizon International and included with the commitment card, mailed to Horizon International at PO Box 180, Pendleton, IN 46064-0180. Please call the Horizon team at 1-866-778-7020 if you have any questions.
Thank you for all your help. I can not do these missions alone.
With Christ’s Everlasting Love,
Soni McGrew
Horizon Intern
No comments:
Post a Comment