About Me

My photo
Africa, my home away from home. I have had the joy of coming and staying at Our Own Home orphanage in Jinja, Uganda for the past couple of years. I have had the priviledge of sharing Jesus love with all the children at Our Own Home. My life has been truly blessed with the love and smiles from each child there. God shines through the lives of His children.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Chirstmas 2011 at Our Own Home in Jinja, Uganda

What a day of celebration!  Morning church service at Calvary Chapel.  Praise and worship from a group of teens, some from Our Own Home, praising God and celebrating Jesus birth!  After service we returned to the compound and I gave the gifts that I had brought for them for Christmas.  It was so totally awesome when any of the children were asked what they wanted most for Christmas.  The answer was always the same, "To celebrate Jesus birth".  Thank you Lord for moving in the hearts of these children.

For Christmas dinner we had goat, chicken, sausages, greens, rice and chapati's.  It was so much!  The children were excited to have such a feast. 

The story of Jesus birth was read many times from Luke 2.  All the children would sit and listen.

I praise God for giving me the opportunity to be here at Our Own Home with his kids.  Sorry that I will be leaving in three weeks.  Have had nothing but hugs from each one of the children all day long.  Look forward to spending the remaining time I have here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment